I have talked a lot about the mom of the family from Burma. She is amazing and has deeply touched my heart. I was over at her house today and was struck at how wonderful it is that we are friends. When I signed up for this mentor program, I imagined that I would help the family, but never imagined that Mu Leh would become a dear friend. Our friendship is strange because we can't talk to each other. Today when I went over to her house, I realized that I enjoy going over there and that she enjoys having me. We talk and tell stories to each other. They take longer to tell, but we can still express to each other our thoughts. We can just sit in silence with each other and be okay with that. We can laugh with each other. With some friends, silence can be awkward, but with her, it is okay. She calls me teacher because she can't really say my name. I love it.
Her friendship is an unexpected blessing in my life. She is so precious to me and I am thankful for her in my life.
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sarah, what sort of a mentorship program is it?
Post a Comment