Monday, September 01, 2008

Sierra Leone pictures

I thought that it was about time that I begin actually trying to process and think about my time in Sierra Leone. What better way to start then by posting some pictures and telling those stories.


This is Nyanda. A precious and goofy child. One of my favorite parts about being back in Sierra Leone was getting to see all my kids and to see how much they have grown. It is fun to get to a be a part of their life and to see the changes both physically, but also in their personalities.


This is Fati. She is one of Aunty Batu's children and is one of my sponsored children through COTN. Great place to sponsor children if anyone is looking to sponsor a child. Fati has the best laugh. It is this little giggle and she laughes all the time.


This is Aunty Batu and Baby Sarah who really is no longer a baby. Let me tell you about Sarah. She is such a stubborn and independent child. She was walking at 8 months. She wants to do everything her way. She is going to give Aunty Batu a run for her money. When I first got to Sierra Leone she was afraid of me and then she jus tdidn't want to have anything to do with. Finally she warmed up to me and even let me hold her on the second to last day before I left. She is still the cutest child in all of Sierra Leone. She is really smart. I am excited to see her once she is school aged. She is going to do so well in school, that is, if she will behave for her teachers. She loves to pretend to talk on cell phones and so anything that she picks up automatically gets turned into a cell phone. What a precious baby she is.

4 comments:

em said...

can't wait for more...and i am shocked at how big 'baby sarah' is....WOW. she's beautiful and sounds just like her namesake :)

Susan said...

cute pics sarah. i want to see more from your trip. let's have a coffee date (or a living room date haha)

Rose Starr said...

Amazing photos...keep 'em coming as you have time :) I'm glad you are starting to process through. Blogging is a great way to do that sort of thing.

Are you feeling any better lately?!
~Rose
p.s. I'll take any Kindergarten tips you've got!!!

Julie said...

Sarah,

Thanks for sharing! Your pictures, as usual, are beautiful and you do such a good job of capturing the person's personality. :)

Julie