Monday, March 08, 2010

Fun weekend!

So confession... I am a crazy list maker. I love making lists. I know, it's nerdy, but I love it.
My friend Susan and I made a list of things we need to do in Denver before I leave, and we have been wanting to crosss some of these things off so we made Saturday a fun girls day. Here's the list:
#1 Go to the Sand Dunes -Completed!







#2 Go kayaking-Completed!


#3 Eat at the SAME cafe- Did that this weekend!









#4 Get a massage- Did that this weekend too!
#5 Go ice skating at Evergreen- Completed!









#6 Go Snowshoeing again- haven't done
#7 Tea at the Brown Palace- haven't done
#8 Go to the Denver Mint- haven't done
#9 Snowshoeing hut trip-Not sure this is going to happen
#10 Go to the Maroon Bells- Memorial Day weekend!
#11 Hike a 14er- Hiked 2, hiking one more before I leave









It was a fun girls weekend, crossing some of the things off the list.

Friday night: Went to dinner and a movie with Brittany and Carissa. Saw Dear John. Didn't like it. They changed the ending from the book and I don't like it when they do that.

Saturday: Slept in, went to lunch at the SAME cafe. This place is so cool. They don't charge a price for their food, you just pay what you can pay and if you can't pay then you can work in the kitchen for an hour. I love how it creates an equality among people.

Then we went to get a massage. If I was rich, I would get one of these every week. It felt so good. My massuse asked me if I had children, because aparantly my back has lots of scar tissue along my spine, which usually is only found in women who have given birth. She told me I need to go to yoga (or find a new job where I don't sit on the floor all day)

Carissa and I were so relaxed after our massage that we wanted to sit in a hot tub. 24 hour fitness has a hot tub, so instead of going to work out, we went to relax. With my coffee addiction, I really wanted some coffee, so we decided to get some and pour it in our Nalgenes, because we didn't think that they would let us in with our coffee. What more could you want?
Sunday: Slept in again, went to the gym, took a nap, had coffee with my friend Emily who went to Sierra Leone last summer. So encouraging to spend time with her. Went to church.
The weekend felt really long, which is alway good. We have a short week with kids this week, and this weekend, I am going to Kansas City with Susan and Al to visit Paul and Bethany. So great! Fun things to look forward to.

1 comment:

em said...

sounds like a GREAT weekend! so glad :)