Whenever I think about brokenness my mind always thinks back to Sierra Leone and the things that I saw there that broke my heart. The brokenness and the poverty are real, and they are hard to wrestle with and I don't think that I will ever come to a place where I understand the whys.
I don't want to stop at the brokenness because the Lord is bringing redemption to Sierra Leone and there is so much beauty to be found. As I have thought about Sierra Leone and the teams that I will be working with this summer the theme of Finding Beauty comes to mind. I am not sure what this will look like, but something I want to think more about. I think that affirming the beauty in different cultures brings dignity and restoration to that culture. That is what we are seeking to do in Sierra Leone and that is why I go. To bring hope and restoration to a people have suffered so much.
2 comments:
Beautiful post Sarah. I think Finding Beauty would be a great "theme" to work with this summer. I'll be praying God continues to stir this theme in your heart and those of the team! Again, I'm so jealous that I can't go!!
love it, Sarah. I love it.
Post a Comment