Wednesday, January 28, 2009

good quote

My friend Julie emailed me this quote from My Utmost for His Highest.
" 'Consider the lilies of the field' -- they grow where they are put. Many of us refuse to grow where we are put, consequently we take root nowhere. Jesus says that if we obey the life God has given us, He will look after all the other things. Has Jesus Christ told us a lie? If we are not experiencing the 'much more,' it is because we are not obeying the life God has given us, we are taken up with confusing considerations. How much time have we taken up worrying God with questions when we should have been absolutely free to concentrate on His work?"

I have struggled with being content with being in Denver at times, mostly at my job. This is a good though for me to think about. I know that the Lord put me at Vanguard and at the end of last year I had no doubt in my mind that I was supposed to teach for another year. My problem was that I though because the Lord wanted me in Denver another year that it would be a good, easy, fun year. That has not been the case, so it has been hard for me to remember that this is where the Lord wanted me. Even though it hasn't been easy, that he has things for me to learn this year.

4 comments:

Taylor and Joanna said...

Didn't want to read that tonight, but needed to read it. Thanks for sharing! I'm struggling with the same things.

Nicole said...

Thanks for quoting Julie. Remember, we learn patience not by easy situations and love not by loving people easy to love. love you friend (and yes, you're an easy one!)

em said...

that was also really good for me to hear...thanks for sharing. why must we fight God so much??! it makes no logical sense and yet everything in us does it...i am frustrated by that and hear Paul's cry when he speaks of "doing that which i do not want to do; and that which i want to do, i don't" (paraphrased-ha.) LOVE YOU.

Julie said...

Sarah - glad to encourage you...wondered if that would show up on your blog. I need to put it on mine! :) Love ya...