I want to start this blog posting with the statement that I have never d the dentist. I have never been scared of going to the dentist. Growing up, we had a great dentist, who was a family friend, so I didn't mind going to the dentist.
But ever since I had to get my root canal, I have had some crazy awful stories of the dentist that I have been going to. I am now a little afraid of the dentist. Let me tell you why.
I have to get a crown on my tooth that I had the root canal on. I went the first time to get it and it didn't fit. Okay, no problem. Well I went back now for a second crown, and it still didn't fit. Starting to get a little annoyed because I can't exactly just take time off work whenever I would like.
But the really crazy thing is that after the dentist told me that the crown didn't fit, he then proceeded to tell me that he was going to go ahead and put it on my tooth. But he then told me that in a couple of years, I would have to get bone surgery on my the bones in my mouth, because it would most likely get infected from the crown not fitting right.
What?!!! Excuse me? Is this person crazy? Needless to say, I wasn't so happy about that. The dentist didn't understand why I wouldn't want to have surgery on my mouth. I can't imagine that many people would want to have surgery on their mouth.
So I still don't have a crown, and the temporary one fell out while snowshoeing, so I had to go back in and get it re-cemented.
I also had to get a couple of fillings and the dentist had to numb my mouth. When he was numbing, he ally hit a nerve, which sent a burning sensation through my whole face. My nose was numb, and I had a runny nose that day, so you can imagine the snot that was dripping down my nose without me knowing that it was there.
Then on the other side that he numbed, he didn't wait until my face was actually numb and started drilling. That hurt a lot too.
In case you haven't picked up on my sarcasm throughout this blog, I haven't exactly been happy with the dentist and now maybe you can understand my new found fear of the dentist.
Hopefully the third time will be a charm and I will actually have a crown on my tooth and never have to go back there again.
Thursday, January 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I am sorry Sarah. I have a family dentist as well. I don't think I could go anywhere else for major dental work. I hope your tooth/teeth/mouth feel better!
Oh my goodness!! I think you should try a different dentist. that sounds awefull!!
geez! that's awful! i'm so sorry! hopefully you'll get to go back to your old dentist now.
ps--can i have pictures from last week??:)
yikes! i think you should switch dentists...
(i want pictures too :))
Post a Comment