(One of my favorite pictures. It doesn't even look real. I love it!)(Amy and I at the top of the waterfall)
Our original plan after the Grand Canyon was to go and backpack to this beautiful blue waterfall close to the canyon. After hiking up the Canyon, I wasn't feeling super well and hadn't been able to eat very much since. We drove all the way to the trailhead and I was feeling very sick. We decided that a 10 mile backpacking trip was not the best idea for me. We made a new plan and headed towards Zion National Park in Utah. I was thankful that Amy was willing to be so flexible and we made a new plan.
The life lessons learned were two-fold: humility and rest.
Humility in the fact that I really could not have done that hike even though I really wanted to.
Rest is not necessarily something I am good at. I like to always be doing things and don'tusually know my limits of when to stop. I've decided that it is a good thing that my body told me when I needed to stop because my mind sure didn't. Inside my head, I still could have hiked that trail and would have been fine, but my body knew that there was no way that I would be able to do that. I would have liked to pretend that I was hardcore and could have done it, but I couldn't and I don't need to try and prove myself. 
(The falls)

(The view from the bottom of emerald falls)
(The was the trail that we were climbing, but as soon as we saw the set up steep switchbacks, we decided to turn around. Our legs were still sore)
(Here is Amy not wanting to go up the steep trail)

1 comment:
I'm really enjoying these posts Sarah! Keep it up!! I love how introspective you are and how good you are at communicating what is on your heart!
Post a Comment