Quick story: So this is our tent at our little campsite. Notice the snow behind the tent. It was freezing. The first night it got to be 18 degrees. Brr... The second night wasn't much better: 20 degrees. Even the boiled water in the nalgene trick wasn't really working.It was the last push to the top and it was so steep.)
Coming up the trail from the bottom was so hard when I looked up at how far we had to go. Overwhelming in fact to see how much further we had to go. But when I looked only at one switchback it was much more managable. I could do it when it was broken down into the next step that I had to take.

(This part of the trail was labled the trail of doom. It was real steep too.)
This was a very timely lesson to learn as a new season of life is upon me, and I move forward: one switchback at a time.
(Me at the end of top. Yeah! We made it!)
In life I need to do this. I try to plan the future so much and then I get overwhelmed when things aren't happening the way I want them to or things unexpected happend. But the Lord instructs us to take it one day at a time and to trust in his provisions.
This was a very timely lesson to learn as a new season of life is upon me, and I move forward: one switchback at a time.
(Me at the end of top. Yeah! We made it!)
1 comment:
Sarah, that's awesome! I'm glad you didn't die on your crazy hike! :)
You are such an outdoor woman!
Post a Comment