Monday, April 19, 2010

Canyonlands


I am back to finishing up my posts about my spring break.

Canyonlands was one of my favorite hikes. I felt like I learned so much and was so inspired by the hike because there were so many parallels to my life right now. We started out on a 6 mile loop through a canyon. About a mile into the hike it began to snow lightly. We just kept walking glad that we had layers on. And then the snow got heavier and heavier as we were walking.
I started to get a little worried at this point. We were half way so either way to go we still have 3 miles to hike. Snow started to cover the ground and I was worried that we were going to lose the trail and not know which way to go. I started praying, and it was amazing to see that as we walked the entire ground, except the trail, was covered in snow. We could see exactly where we needed to go.

I then heard a small whisper say, "Sarah, just enjoy me. Enjoy my presence and my creation. Stop worrying, I will take care of you." What a precious treasure that was to hear for the hike, but also for my life and the season that I am in right now. I have been worrying a lot about the transition and everything that has to be done, but I need to just stop and enjoy my God and the things that he has done for me. Once I stopped worrying, I really enjoyed the hike and was able to see all the beauty that was surronding me.

We then got to a hard part of the hike where the trail went straight up a rock wall. The snow stopped right before we got there. If it had been snowing at that part, it would have been much harder to climb up. Once we got to the top, the snow started again. Such a good reminder that the Lord knows what we can handle and while there may be storms in this life, He promises never to give us more than we can handle.

2 comments:

Julie said...

So glad you got to go on this trip...it seems like God really used it! I especially love the picture of the trail through the snow. Praying for you during this transition, Sarah!

Rose Starr said...

Wow! Love the pics and what an encouragement to read. You rock Sarah. Praying for your transition.
~Rose