Everytime I am out in nature I am inspired and learn so many life lessons. So while I share my pictures with you from my trip, I'll share those lessons as well.
(The view from the hiking up from the bottom)

So often in life I am able to do things on my own. I don't often need the help of others or so I have tricked myseld to believe that I don't need others. During the hike, I despertly needed Amy. The hike up the bottom of the Canyon was the hardest physical task taht I have ever done. My body was pushed beyong a point where I couldn't do it. To be honest there were times that I wasnted to quit and just let someone come and rescue me. But Amy kept pushing me. She even offered to carry my pack for a while. I needed that. There was no way that I would have gotten out of the canyon without her.
This transfers over to my life in that I do need people. I can't do it on my own. As much as I'd like to think I can, I can't. We were created to live in community. I think that's why this whole process of raising support for next year is challending for me. I have to admit that I need others. I don't within me have the resources to do it. I've spent the past couple of years creating a life where I have it togehter. This is humbling for me to realize, but so good. 
(The view from the hiking up from the bottom)(The view from half way up)
Grand Canyon Life Lesson #1: Learned while hiking down to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back in one day. Hardest hike of my life.

(You are not supposed to make the hike in one day,
but we ignored the signs and did it anyway)
So often in life I am able to do things on my own. I don't often need the help of others or so I have tricked myseld to believe that I don't need others. During the hike, I despertly needed Amy. The hike up the bottom of the Canyon was the hardest physical task taht I have ever done. My body was pushed beyong a point where I couldn't do it. To be honest there were times that I wasnted to quit and just let someone come and rescue me. But Amy kept pushing me. She even offered to carry my pack for a while. I needed that. There was no way that I would have gotten out of the canyon without her.
This transfers over to my life in that I do need people. I can't do it on my own. As much as I'd like to think I can, I can't. We were created to live in community. I think that's why this whole process of raising support for next year is challending for me. I have to admit that I need others. I don't within me have the resources to do it. I've spent the past couple of years creating a life where I have it togehter. This is humbling for me to realize, but so good. 


2 comments:
so proud of you for the hike....good reminder for us independent types :) beautiful pictures!
this is awesome! can't wait to see more pics and learn more life lessons :)
Post a Comment