Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Arches

And the last of the life lessons learned over spring break.
Something I feel that I have been learning all year is that my identity needs to be found in the fact that I am a beloved daughter of Christ. My identity cannot be found in the fact that I am a teacher, or that I go to Africa, or I like hiking. Those things won't bring about contentment or peace, and they are not ultimately what I want to be known for... those things will fade. Arches is one of my favorite places and I am not really sure why. But to me it is a place of peace and rest. I was really thankful when our plans got changed and we were able to spend the day there. Amy and I took our Bibles and journals and just went and sat up by the delicate arch, which is my favorite. It was so peaceful to just in God's presence. I really felt him reminding me to place my identity in him and felt his love in a more tangible way than I have in a while. It was so very good. I was sad to leave that place and to realize that I was coming back to the real world with busy schedules and things that would distract me from what I know is important in life.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Sarah - I loved these posts. I'm sure you have it all in your journal to remind yourself...I should write some of it down too...it really encouraged me! Oh, and I almost have a package ready to go to you.

Dawn said...

hmmmm, He's doing the same thing in my life right now. Some days it's hard to remember my worth comes from being a daughter of the king not in being a wife, mommy, Friday folder stuffer, MOPS leadership team etc..... Thanks for sharing and reminding me of what He's been telling me ALL WEEK!