Monday, October 12, 2009

Sand Dunes

This weekend I went to the Sand Dunes with Susan, Al, and Jason. So fun! I need to be outdoors and have some kind of adventure. These are the things that refresh me. When I was a kid, we used to go to the Sand Dunes every fall with our family friends. I have so many good memories going there as a kid: climbing the dunes, playing in the creek, roasting marshmellows. It was fun to go back now as an adult. Lots of memories came back when we were there. Like the time a bear came to our campsite and ate our brownies, the time that I ran into a tree and still have a scar on my forehead, the time that Chuck almost set a tree on fire...

Check out my styling outfit. Red, pink, maron, and bright blue. Guess not much has changed in regards to my matching.

The drive up to the Sand Dunes. It was dark when we arrived, but on the way out we were able to see it. One of my favorite views. These crazy big mountains, with a pile of sand in front of them. Amazing.
We hiked to Zapata Falls. I have never been there before. Really cool waterfall.


Susan and I at the top of high dune. So windy, but an incredible view.



Look at the amazing colors!

I am wearing these awesome googles that Al let me borrow, so sand didn't get in my eyes. Too bad I didn't have those for my childhood outfits.

The classical foot picture. My chacos didn't make it to the top.

So beautiful!
Again, the stylin' googles

So strong for making it to the top. Climbing up sand is hard work.

2 comments:

em said...

good job! looks like a lot of fun :) climbing those sand dunes is hard work, fyi. i speak from experience.

Taylor Sprague said...

Sarah, those are some awesome pictures. Colorado is so beautiful! Way to capture it. Miss ya!