Thursday, October 01, 2009

A better day

I had the best start to my day today. I met with my mentor, Sarah, who is a blessing from the Lord. We talked a lot about the situations that are going on in my classroom and it was so great to get a perspective outside of the teaching environment. She really encouraged me that Jesus is the only one that can reedem these situations, and I need to be praying for these students.

We also just had a refreshing time of focusing on a certain phrase in scripture and letting that be what my focus is on when the time are hard at school.

It was so good to have someone spiritually encourage me and talk through things with. It was a great way to start the day and really made for a great rest of the day.

2 comments:

em said...

so glad you had soul food! LOVE YOU. p.s. did i leave my Bible at your house? i will call tomorrow and maybe swing by after work to pick it up??

Kristen said...

What an amazing encouragement! I love when God puts those people in our lives, a little gift! Take care friend!