I have really written a post in a while on how I am doing. I think that often times I don't really like to process life. It is just easier to pretend that everything is going well. If I admit that things aren't going well then that shows that I am not competent to handle things by myself.
Yesterday my roommate and I rode our bikes to Starbucks and were debriefing how we are doing. In my typical, not wanting to share what was really going on, I said that I was fine. While I was saying this, I got my finger stuck in the lid of my Starbucks cup... takes talent to do this, by the way
.
To me, it was a funny little reminder from the Lord of how I don't have it all together and sometimes I am a hopeless mess, so in need of a Savior.
It was a great reminder because I was then able to share with my roommate how I am really doing...how I am overwhelmed with school, how I am struggling to be content with where the Lord has me, how I need wisdom for the future.
And we had a great conversation. Very needed.
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sometimes I wish I was your roommate.
love you! excited to see you later this week. :)
Post a Comment