Today at school, we had to go through a first aid certification class. I loved it. I find that stuff really interesting.
It also brought back a lot of memories from Sierra Leone and Guinea... when I help Emily stitch a crazy wound, giving a tetanus shot, helping a baby being born, being an ambulance driver in our little Isuzu trooper, sitting in the medical clinic and learning from Nurse Jennifer...
One of my favorite things to read in Sierra Leone was Where There is No Doctor. I would sit down for a nightly reading and inform Kristen on all the things that we could now do if we ever needed to.
So many memories that come flooding back when I allow myself to think about Sierra Leone. It is a constant stream of so many different types of memories.
Wow... that place has greatly influenced the way that I view life and still today continues to shape my thoughts.
Especially now as I am considering more and more going on staff with COTN. I have been re-reading my journal from my year there, and it has been amazing to see the things that I was able to experience and the things that I learned.
My heart longs to be back in that place. I felt so challenged each and everyday, and so much joy.
Friday, October 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment