Thursday, October 22, 2009

Random thoughts

#1 I love sharpies. I just started a new journal, which is always inspiring to write in a new journal. I also love writing in Sharpies, so yesterday at Walmart, I splurged and bought a pack of colored thin point sharpies. My journal writing is so beautiful!

#2 I felt very blessed by some of the parents in my classroom lately. We had a parent bring us lunch one day. Another parent brought us dinner for parent/teacher conferences, and yesterday during the cold snowy blizzard, a mom brought us in hot cocoa! So fun. Those little things make such a difference when we are having a bad day.

#3 I am getting more and more excited about Sierra Leone and the opportunities of working with COTN.

#4 I love reading! I have been doing so much reading lately.

#5 I want to go on a retreat. Just me. Time to think and process. Maybe next weekend.

#6 This one is gross, but I deal with a lot of snotty noses in my profession. I am surprised that I haven't gotten sick yet. Today, there was a huge snot ball that was falling out of a student's nose and it was so gross.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love the fine point sharpies for journaling...I haven't branched out from plain black yet. Cory calls them my David Becker pens because the whole reason I bought one in the first place is because he was in an ad with one and yeah...

I agree with reading, I'm excited to hear what you're thinking about SL and I hate snot too! Glad you are staying healthy!