Monday, May 05, 2008

JBU road trip

This is me two years ago. I can't believe how fast the time has gone by.

This weekend, I felt like a college student again. At the last minute, Mark, Ryan, and I decided to drive down to Arkansas for JBU graduation. I haven't been back to JBU since I graduated 2 years ago. At 5:55 we rented a car, left at 8:00 pm, drove through the night, arrived at JBU at 8:30 in the morning. I ran over to my old home of Mayfield and took a quick shower and made it to graduation, where I saw so many old friends. It was wonderful to catch up on life. Saturday was spent seeing old friends and reminiscing about past memories. While I was there, I felt like I had never left; that this was still my life. But then on the car ride home, I felt like that weekend had been two years ago and that I just graduated. Wierd how time works like that.

Back at JBU!
Leaving the mountains of Colorado

My friend Susan who graduated!


So fun to see old friends

My friend Deitra. We spent a lot of time by Sager Creek at the beautiful park.

My cute, pregant friend, Joy. She is having a girl and it was so fun to see her.

My friend Lara, who at the last minute came down from Missouri to see us.

It was such a crazy last minute trip, but completly worth it. I love JBU and I am so thankful for the time that I was able to spend there. There is something wonderful about seeing people who have known for a long time and have shared so much of life with. JBU helped shape who I am, and it was great to be back to remember all those valuable lessons learned. Even the 12 hour road trip brought back so many memories of all those trips made to Siloam.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Oh yes! :-) I am SO glad I got to see you too!!