Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Camping




I love camping. It is my favorite thing in the world. I think that I want to live in a tent for the rest of my life. I love being in the mountains, I love sitting around the campfire, I love that I can be gross and dirty and it is okay, I love hiking, I love smores, I love waking up to the sound of water, I love cuddling up in my sleeping bag....basically everything about camping I love, and I want to go camping every weekend.
I went camping with the church plant that I have been going to. I haven't really blogged about Tapestry. I have been going since September and it has been a blessing. One of the issues that I have been wrestling with since I got back from Sierra Leone is the concept of church. It has been really hard for me to find a Sunday morning church, but church doesn't have to be on a Sunday morning. Tapestry meets on Wednesday and right now it is really small, but desires to have authentic community with one another which is what my heart is longing for. Community isn't something that comes easy and it takes time, but I feel like I am in a place where we are working towards what community looks like. Tapestry looks at church in a different way and is geared towards bringing in those who don't want to attend church. I think that the Lord has a lot of great things that he wants to do through Tapestry and I am excited to be part of it.

1 comment:

Erica said...

Oh goodness. Camping is indeed one of the best things ever. :-)