Well, it was nothing like we thought it was going to be. The first place that we went was really great. It was this family who is living completly off the land. In some ways it reminded me of Laura Ingalls Wilder books: living on a homestead, growing your own food, using a fire for heat. They also were experiementing with different projects to try and take food waste and turn it into fuel. I really enjoyed seeing the way this man lived because he was real and honest about the struggles of how living "green" isn't as convient and he talked about how that was a real struggle for him and his wife.
The rest of the weekend was much more interesing. We visited several Buddist temples and hung out with a bunch of hippies.
But, it was beautiful and the Sangre de Christo mountains are amazing!




2 comments:
BEAUTIFUL mountains :)
Hey Sarah! Thanks for finding my blog. :-) I think i found yours on facebook. I am doing good. The end of semester is stressful. Anyway.. your last entry was interesting to me because i met this guy..who i consider to be a true hippie.. and he is into buddhism kind of...certain aspects.. so I'm glad to know there is a correlation.. :-)
Post a Comment