I am not sure why in the midst of all the busyness that I think that posting another blog entry is a good idea. Maybe it is the complete chaos that surrounds me. Maybe I think that if I stare at the computer screen, that the mess will magically, jump into all the empty plastic tubs. Or maybe I am just avoiding all the things that I have to do because it is easier to avoid them. Yes, that's probably the real answer. However, when I wake up tomorrow morning and realize that I still have a disaster on my hands, then I will wish I that I hadn't spent so much time avoiding the mess. I'm actually not really sure how I am even going to get into my bed to sleep, considering that my bed is covered with stuff. I guess I'll solve that problem by pushing everything to the floor, to make an even bigger mess. Anyway...... for your viewing enjoyment, here is my mess.


Now, onto what I really wanted to post about. Today, my mind has been consumed with, where the heck am I going to live next year. Let me give you a little background knowledge. Since about March, I have planned on living with two teachers from school in a house that we were going to rent from another teacher at school, which was in walking distance from school. I started feeling a little hesitant about the situation, but not really sure why. Partly because I have fallen in love with the refugee family, and wanted to live in the apartment complex that they are living in. There were two major obstacles though.
A lot of refugee families are living in this apartment complex, and they have some great programs that I would love to get involved with and just be in that community and love my neighbors. This apartment complex really embraces that different cultures that live there. I have been thinking a lot about how I have gotten caught up in living the normal, comfortable Christian American life, and I have realized that is not where the Lord wants me to live. Everytime I go to visit our family, there is something about the apartment that draws me there.
But I was committed to living in this house with the girls, and so I didn't think that it really was an option. I have gone in and talked to the apartment complex and the people there are wonderful. I have been praying that if this is what the Lord wants me to do, then he is going to have to open doors, because there were a lot of obstacles in the way of me being able to live there.
Well, obstacle number one has been taken care of. I am no longer committed to the house. Yesterday one of my friends who I was going to live with called and asked if I still wanted to look for an apartment with them. It was a hard decision, but I said no. Which is really scary, a big step of faith, because obstacle number 2 is that I need a roommate.
It would not be healthy for me to live by myself. I hate being by myself and if I could have it my way, would always be around people. This is why it was so good for me in Sierra Leone, because the whole year, not once, was I ever by myself, and I loved it. I thrived in that kind of community. So, me, living by myself, would probably lead to me being a complete basket case. Not a good thing. So, saying no to the only two girls that I know of in the whole city of Denver, who are looking for a roommate was hard. Really hard, but for some reason, I didn't feel peace about saying yes.
So now, I have no home, no roommate, only a promise that the Lord will provide. And it is that promise that I am going to have to cling to in the midst of all the uncertainty.
2 comments:
proud of you for following Jesus in your decision, confident an answer will come, excited for what the next year holds; hang in there....love you.
Just added you to my google reader to keep in touch...
I love your blog! Girl, I feel your state of stress...been there...with stuff everywhere and big plans just days away.
Just do the next thing...even if it's 10 minutes to post to your blog...probably helps you feel a bit better!
Praying for your trip and I'm excited to see where you end up living...I know God has an amazing plan!
~Rose
p.s. your plate is at the guys house!
Post a Comment