Saturday, May 31, 2008

Packing, sold house, phone calls, and snakes

Kind of a random title, but that is a little bit how my brain feels right now.
It's official. I am stressed out. I feel overwhelmed and confused. My phone has been ringing off the hook (which is actually a weird phrase because it isn't ever on a hook) but it rings all day long. Sometimes 2 or 3 calls at a time. My inbox is overflowing with emails of little tasks to do. Normally that wouldn't stress me out, but it seems right now like everything in life in up in the air.
Tuesday, they fired my principal, who I loved worked for. The whole situation was kind of fishy and I'm actually pretty angry about the whole situation and how my school dealt with it. One of the main reasons that I felt that I should stay at Vanguard is because I had committed to my principal that I would stay for another year. Now I am not sure how I feel working for a place that treats there employees like this.
My parents are moving to Indiana. My dad has a job teaching at Taylor University. Our house had a contract after 4 days of being on the market. Kind of weird seeing a for sale sign on your house. I am really excited for my dad because I know that it is exactly what he wants to do, but it is a little sad that they are leaving the place that has been home to me for as long as I can remember. I love going home to Colorado Springs.
I also just found out that the house that I was going to live in, I can't live in anymore. Which actually is kind of a good thing, but still a little bit stressful, because in one week I will be homeless. I am packing up the current apartment that I live in this week, which is a bit crazy. I am not a very organized packer. I have a huge disaster in my room right now and I am not sure where to begin.
Right now, the only thing that I know is that on June 7, I will be on an airplane leaving to go to Sierra Leone. Which I can't wait to go. I am so excited to be there and to see my friends there.
So, sorry to complain a lot, I think I just hit one of those moments, where I felt overwhelmed by all that has to be done and all the transitions that are so uncertain.
I think that I will be drinking a lot of starbucks in the next couple of days. Good thing my wonderful Kindergarten parents gave me so many giftcards.
Oh and this has nothing to do about being overwhelmed, but I have decided that I hate snakes. I was out hiking with my friend Amy, who is my new hiking buddy and I am so thankful for her! While we were hiking I wasn't really paying attention to where I was stepping and Amy pointed out that I almost stepped on a snake. We thought that it was dead and I was going to step back over it to look at something but then its tongue started flickering. Gross! Then along the trail another snake darted in front of me. I really don't like them, especially when they jump out and I am not expecting them.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love you friend and am praying for you! I wish that I could help you pack... but then Eric would probably remind me that I am supposed to be packing my own house right now. Seriously though, thank you for all the help you've been to us and thanks for being so gracious about it! Can't wait to hug you!