First, I wanted to let everyone know that I am doing much better. The stress level has greatly decreased. I am checked out of my apartment. My suitcases are packed. I have gotten to spend some great times with family and friends. I leave for Sierra Leone in 2 days! 2 days. I can't wait. This will probably be my last post from the USA for a while.
random change of subject: So I love my chacos. I wear them all the time. If I had it my way, I would wear them every single day, but my work and COTN has a closed toe show policy. I have had my pair of chacos for 3 and a half years. They have travelled the world with me: survived a year in Sierra Leone, 2 months in Guinea, and numerous camping trips. After 3 and a half years of continuous use, they were looking a little worn.
Yesterday, they finally broke. I have been anticipating it for a while now, but yesterday, walking across the street, the back strap completly broke. Sad day. They won't be able to travel back to Sierra Leone with me.
But I am going and so excited to go! Keep checking my blog, I will try and post updates weekly, especially now that I have become addicted to blogging.
Please pray for safety as we travel. We leave bright and early Saturday morning. We are getting picked up at 5:15 in the morning. Fly to New York. Have a 7 hour layover. Fly overnight to Casablanca, Morocco. Have a 14 hour layover. Then fly overnight to Sierra Leone. Get there at 4:30 in the morning. Take a ferry or hovercraft over to the mainland! We will be exhausted, but we will be there.
I seem to have a problem sleeping lately, which is unusual for me. I am a very good sleeper. I used to be able to sleep anywhere, anytime. But not lately. Lately, sleep isn't coming to me. Too much to think about. But once we arrive in Sierra Leone, there will be time to sleep. Time to sit and talk to people. Time to just be. Oh, how I am excited for that.
Thursday, June 05, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
so thrilled for you...the excitement is so evident! blessings friend and good job wearing your chacos until they break :D that's the way we CO girls do it!
praying for you and all who are heading to SL saturday!
sarah, you're in my thoughts and prayers. i hope you and the gals arrive(d) safely, i can't wait to read all about it.
Post a Comment