Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Hot, Sunny Florida!

So even though I didn't get to go to Pennsylvania for Spring Break, I still had some fun traveling later in the week. I went to Orlando Flordia for 4 days for a COTN training. It was a wonderful weekend. It was great to be able to talk about Sierra Leone and to be around others who know and understand COTN.
This summer, after my team of teachers leaves, there is a group of college interns who will be coming for two months. I was able to find out more about my role with these interns. There is a couple, Scott and Laura, who are going to be the leaders for these interns. My responsiblity is going to be to help train this couple on the ways that Sierra Leone works. I will be there to support them and help them out in whatever ways that they need or questions that they have. Scott and Laura are fabulous and I am so excited about getting the chance to work alongside them.
Talking about Sierra Leone so much this weekend, made me realize that I really am going back soon. I don't think that it really had hit me that in two short months, I will be back there with all those that I love so much! It was wonderful to be able to share stories with Scott and Laura about Sierra Leone.
I have discovered that I love working with teams and that I have enjoyed preparing my teacher team to go to Sierra Leone. Maybe it is part of my desire to control everything, but I love planning these trips. I love organizing everyone and training them on the cultural aspects of Sierra Leone. I would like to do something like this for a career. I like teaching, but I am not passionate about it. But preparing for these teams makes me excited. I love it.

1 comment:

em said...

that's awesome, sar. you would do a great job at that! you've got my vote :)