Some friends and I have gotten connected with a refugee family from Burma. Last night we had a meeting with a translator so that we could communicate some important things with the family. We found out that they are Christians and so we asked if we could pray with them.
That moment of prayer was one of the most tender moments of prayer that I have ever experienced. Neither of us knew what the other was praying, but our hearts were knitted together in the common bond that we share. They are our family, and even though we can't communicate with words, prayer is one of those things that transcends the cultural barriers like language. I feel like that moment was a small glimpse of what heaven will be like: where every tribe, tongue, and nation will join together and praise our Savior.
Wednesday, April 09, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i got goosebumps...
Post a Comment