Well, I have made the decision and it was hard, but good.
The decision that I had to make was should I move to Italy and be a nanny for a year? Even as I write out that, I am wondering why my decision was no, because it would have been an amazing opportunity.
Let me back up a little. One of the girls that I met in Florida was a nanny for a family in Torino, Italy. She was telling me that the family was looking for someone starting in September. I would have lived with the family and helped take care of their two girls. My weekends would have been free to travel around Italy, and I would have gone on vacations with the family to Tuscany, the Italian Alps.... Sounds absolutly wonderful. I have always wanted to go to Italy, and the chance to live there would be even more amazing.
Some of you may be wondering, why this was even a decision. That's what I thought at first. I was sure that God was opening up a door, and that I was going to go to Italy for a year. I was very excited.
And then I remembered that I should probably pray about this decision and seek some wise council. I thought about it a lot and thought about what my future goals were and I realized that Italy did not help me to reach those future goals. I had already made a commitment to my school that I was coming back for another year, and didn't feel like I could let them down after all the support that they have given me in my trip to Sierra Leone. It will be good for me to have another year of teaching experience. I also have great friends here and have established connections and found things to be involved in.
So alas, no Italy for me. But I am glad that we serve a God who knows what we need better then we do. I think that I will just have to include a stop in Italy in my trip around the world next summer.
Monday, April 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i'm so proud of you! hard thing to turn down but good job following your heart. love you.
that sounds excellent! i'm not sure i would have done the right thing:)
sarah- i know that was a really hard decision. i am really excited for the opportunities making the decision to teach for another year will open. (and i wouldn't mind having you around either : ).
Post a Comment