Monday, August 06, 2007

A week of travel

It has been a busy week of traveling, to see old friends. Last Tuesday, Micah and I left to go to the Lorenzen family vacation in Brekenridge. We spent the evening discussing Sierra Leone and how they as a family and we as individuals can best be used in Sierra Leone. It was a wonderful evening of fellowship. We discussed a lot of those hard issues and addressed those hard questions, and celebrated in the work that the Lord is doing in Sierra Leone.


Wednesday, Al, Susan, and I drove to Lawrence, Kansas for a JBU reunion. There were 12 of us that came in for the weekend. It was great to see friends and to be able to pick up where we left off. We laughed a lot, reminised about old times, and caught up on what the past year of life was like. I am thankful for the friends that God has blessed me with.



Here we are playing hand and foot, our favorite card game.







A canoe trip down some river in Kansas. Fun times floating!


The boys in the kitchen, making a lovely dinner. Thought that I better have proof of them actually working in the kitchen.




The whole group.

4 comments:

Joy and Mark said...

It's so fun to see all of you guys together again!
Love,
Joy

em said...

LOVE the chacos picture!!

Unknown said...

Miss you friend. Good to read some of your thoughts regarding Salone. Glad you had a chance to catch up with Micah and friends. Hope they will be able to help you as you process and mourn.

Eric said...

Sad we had to miss it. Thanks for the pictures and I hope we can see you soon :)