I am always thinking about Sierra Leone. The people, my kids, the way of life, those hard questions with no easy answer, seem to always been on my mind. Sometimes I find myself sitting in a room full of people and I can't focus on the conversation because something will remind me of Sierra Leone and I drift back in my thoughts to this small country on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.
Something about Sierra Leone has captured my heart. There is something about that place that gets in your blood and draws you back. (maybe its the malaria parasite that still live in my blood!)
As I have been seeking out what is next for my life, I am trying to figure out how I can still be involved in this country. Change doesn't happen over night. I want to invest myself in this country and the relationships that I have developed. I want to be wise in my actions and truly think about what will be best for the long term development of this country.
I have been so thankful for Joanna and Taylor who were able to come and experience my world there. It has been so refreshing to sit and talk with them about those that I so dearly love. And they are just amazing friends. The other night, they have me over to make a craft project. Sierra Leone has red dirt everywhere. During dry season everything is covered in this red dirt. Taylor collected some of this dirt while in Sierra Leone. When I went over to their house, they had made this dirt into mud and I stepped in this mud and then put my footprint on a piece of paper. Underneath they wrote a verse from Job that said, "Your feet will forever be stained red."



Yes they will. Just as my feet left imprints on the soil of Sierra Leone, Sierra Leone has left an imprint on my heart.
5 comments:
The verse in Job doesn't actually say that, but it is a verse that reminded us about your impact in Sierra Leone. Taylor thought up the saying, "Your feet will always be stained red."
thats so awesome. i love you sarah and am praying for you. let me know when you're ready to come to the northwest:)
By the way...it was a paste:)
that is so cool! yes, come live in the northwest!!
Sarah... you are blessed by two really great friends. I just read the blog below this one and was looking at the pictures... from your face with the Jongo (sp?) family it is very evident that you have left a part of yourself in Sierra Leone. I am praying for you friend! Love you!
Post a Comment