In less than 36 hours, I have head about, applied for, interviewed for, and accepted a teaching job in Denver.
Let me explain to you the process that happened.
Before Tuesday:
• I have basically no jobs offers. I think that I will be moving to Seattle, to be a nanny. The only time I think that I will be in Denver is to go and say goodbye to friends there, before I move to Seattle.
Tuesday:
• I get a call from my friend Carissa who works at this school. She asks if I would be interested in a Kindergarten teaching job at her school.
• She give the number to the principal.
About 10 minutes later he calls me. We set up an interview for Wednesday.
Wednesday:
• I go to my interview. The principal asks me a lot of questions.
• He hires me on the spot.
• I say, “ WOW, I think that I need to think about this.”
• He says, “Okay, but we have already started training, so the sooner you decide the better.”
I then go and get fingerprinted. At this point, my mind is racing with questions.
• I go home, talk to the parents, go to bed.
Thursday:
• 9:00 in the morning, I call the principal, and tell him that I accept the job. I start work on Monday.
• 10:00- Still in shock that I actually have a teaching job
The school that I will be teaching at is a Classical School. This is a brand new school, and it is the first year that they will be opened, so I will be part of the process of opening this school. I will be teaching Kindergarten. The reason why this job is so appealing to me is the environment of the school. The principal is such a nice, friendly man. He really sets the pace for the rest of the school. It is a young staff, with many of the teachers being first year teachers. They use the co-teaching model, which means that I will be teaching in the same class with another Kindergarten teacher, who seems really nice. The populations of the school will be very diverse, with 50% being English Language Learners, and 20% being special needs students.
Thursday, August 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wahoo - Congratulations, Sarah!
I'm sure you'll have plenty of stories to tell, so keep posting!
Joy
Post a Comment