Friday, February 12, 2010

Kindergarten stories

I don't have much longer to be posting stories from Kindergarten!

My students know me well. They know that I wear chacos, I hate the cold, and love Africa. A couple stories to illustrate this:

We learn the 7 continents in Kindergarten and they have to know the about the Great Wall of China, so I was showing them my pictures from this summer. Afterwards, I asked them what they learned about the Great Wall, and one students raises her hand and says, " You always wear the same shoes." Great.... so we didn't learn about the Great Wall, but it was a good commercial for Chaco! I do love my chacos though.

Second story: We write in journals every morning and one of our questions was, What would you want to do if you visited Asia. I was showing them a sample of what to write and I said that I would like to climb Mount Everest. One of my students comments was, "Um... Ms. Saunier, so you know that it is cold on Mount Everest and the higher you get the colder it gets. I really don't think that you would like to climb Mount Everest. "- Yes you are right, I would not like climbing Mount Everest. Thank you for the advice.

The last story, my personal favorite. We were talking about what we want to be when we grow up and I asked them what I should be when I grow up, which I think is so funny that they don't realize that I am a grownup. One student said, "I think you should be an American. No, no you should be an African."

Okay... I think I will be.

No comments: