Monday, February 01, 2010

Blessings

As I have been mourning leaving Denver, I have been reminded of all of the blessings that I do have here. It has been good for me to appreciate the things that I have and be reminded of all the blessings that the Lord has given me.

#1 My JBU friends, who have been through so much of life with me. So thankful for them and that we have been able to share this season of life together. #2 I still keep in touch with 3 girls from high school, who are some of my dearest friends. One of them, Emily, lives in the Springs, but works in Denver so I get to see her once a week. We usually meet Friday mornings for coffee, and these are some of my most favorite times of the week. Even if it is early in the morning.

#3 My house. I love my house. It is so comfy and feels like a home. I am thankful to have roommates to share life with.

#4 My church. I am so thankful for house church and getting to be with a group of people who love Jesus and are striving to me more like him. I am challenged each time I go and thankful for the supportive community that is there.
#5 My school. As much as my job exhausts me, I am thankful for this place. My co-teacher is fantastic and we get along so well. To be at a school where I have adminstration that supports me not only as a teacher, but also in my personal life. There are some great parents at our school who love and support me. And my little munkins. They drive me crazy, but they are funny and I do love them.

#6 The mountains. They are beautiful and I love them. #7 Bike trails- I was missing riding my bike the other day. I love living in a city that is bike friendly. I wonder if Silverdale is. I hope I can ride my bike to work, and I wish it would get warm here, so that I can ride my bike again.

#8 Mu Leh- She is such an unexpected friend, but such a blessing in my life. I hung out with her, the boys, and some of their friends. I was amazed by how this group of people has deeply worked their way into my hearts and feel very sad that I am leaving them. Mu Leh has been a dear friend to me and I love getting to see her boys grow up.

#9 My hiking and workout partner. I wouldn't be motivated if it wasn't for her.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

you're so beautiful, sarah

em said...

LOVE YOU. i treasure our times each week too!