Friday, September 04, 2009

Some big decisions

I love Sierra Leone. This does not come as a surprise to most of you. I love being there. I love the people there. I love the community aspect of the culture. I also feel a deep burden for the school system. I believe in COTN and what they stand for. I feel just at home in Sierra Leone as I do in America. When I home during the school, the thing that I most look forward to is planning for the following summer in Sierra Leone.

This summer, when I was in Sierra Leone, a friend who works for COTN asked me why I am not working for COTN. When he asked me, the only response that I had was, I don't know. Why am I not working for COTN. To be honest, one of the biggest reasons is because I don't want to have to raise support. That sounds like a very intimidating process. Not something that I want to lightly jump into. Before I begin living off others money, I want to make sure that I am doing what the Lord is asking of me.

So all that to say... I am thinking very seriously about going on staff with COTN and working in their educational department. My tenatitive plan right now is to go back this summer with a team of teachers and then stay for 6 months to help implement a reading program in the school. I would then be moving back to Washington State to work in the international office.

All of these plans are tenatative and still in the working, but my heart feels very strongly drawn to the school in Sierra Leone.

I would appreciate your prayers as I continue to seek the Lord's will for the next step in my life.

7 comments:

Bethany said...

Love you. And what He does through you.

em said...

praying for you, love. so proud of you. so encouraged by your heart for that country and it's education. so thrilled to see you following God's heart. all my love. i'll miss you but you must go.

Dawn said...

our kindys here would have a great loss, but I see your heart regularly and you would be so happy in Africa and working there! The difference you are making in lives both here and around the world is evident to all(my son is proof of what an amazing woman you are!) We love you and will keep you in our prayers as you lean on Him to guide and direct your paths. And btw, money is the least of His concerns so don't let it be the greatest of yours!

Taylor Sprague said...

You have our support!

Julie said...

I'll be praying for you Sarah! I know your experience in country would be a very big asset to the educational department here in the US! We'd love to support you!

amanda said...

I echo Bethany and the Spragues! I admire your heart and obedience. Will be praying for clear direction and peace. P.S. Happy belated birthday!! Hope you had a wonderful day-off celebrating!

Candace said...

wow! i just read this sarah and am so excited about this possibility! i pray that God makes His path known to you - keep us updated!