Today I wish that I had a camera so that I could have documented my crazy day in pictures. So instead I will try and paint a picture with words.
6:00 woke up-not happy
7:00- had to get coffee- good thing I needed it today
Picture #1
One of my students can't blow his nose, so he always has snot hanging out his nose. Today wiped a huge snot ball on the table, and it was hanging off the table, slowly dropping to the floor- gross, yes...but this is my day.
Picture #2
Met with future parents of the school. They were competly high on something and almost fell over while discussing curriculum. Later found out that Dad pulled something out of nose and then put in back in after he rolled it up. We aren't taught how to deal with this in teacher college.
Picture #3
A child comes up to me at recess with a tissue and a hand full of red hots. Found it on the playground and was offering it as a gift.
Picture #4
Somehow a child lost their shoe at recess, but didn't recognize that he lost shoe, so I am holding a lost shoe, not sure who it belongs to.
Picture #5
A child throwing a chair and then proceeding to hit me. I was hoping to not have chair throwers this year.
4:00 Met with a child's therapist to discuss behavior. I think I need a therapist.
5:30 Finally going home with a stop at Starbucks to get more coffee.
The good news of today is that Jenny and I are still able to laugh at all this craziness and we have each other to experience it with.
Side note: All of a sudden cranky co-teacher who doesn't want to ride bike home and informed me that I am taking her home. She did not use her Kindergarten kind words.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sarah - I laughed while reading this! Working with preschool and kindergarten kids gives you plenty of moments to scratch your head and be amazed that any of us make it to adulthood! :) One of my most interesting days included a little girl who had pretty significant disabilities but somehow learned the 'f' word and blurted or shouted it out whenever it came to mind. I was hoping no one was outside my office door!! :) Hang in there and enjoy your weekend!
Also loved the post. Though I for one, am glad you did NOT have a camera. Too many nasty moments in there.
Post a Comment