The Jongo family was very special to me while I was in Sierra Leone. I just got to talk on the phone to Aunty Batu. I love that even though they are in a small village in the middle of the bush of Sierra Leone, I can still communicate with her. It was so special to get to talk to her and hear about the children. On Wednesday she called me and we were only able to talk for a few minutes, so it was great to actually have a real conversation with her today. And I got to practice my Krio.
So let me introduce you to the Jongo family.
They lived in the village of Ngolala and accepted Kristen and I as part of their family. Mr. Jongo is a Sunday school teacher at our church. He also is one of COTN farm managers.
His wife Aunty Batu was a good friend to Kristen and I. She is an amazing woman who works hard to provide for her children. She loves her children and allows them to be children. She has eight children, all who are wonderful children.

Her oldest is Emmanuel. He is 18 years old and is a good kid. He studies hard in school and is very helpful.
Selina is her oldest girl. She is very smart in school and is a beautiful young lady.
Tenneh lives in Freetown and hasn't been able to see her family in 7 years. We had the privledge of going to meet her and allow her to talk to her mom on the phone. Musa is also very smart. He is a great kid, who really cares about people.

Kadi is a beautiful young girl who has a great personality. She is always happy.
Fati has the best laugh. She makes me smile just watching her.

Absatu doesn't really speak in words, instead she grunts. She is two, but acts like an old lady bossing people around.
Baby Sarah is now almost 5 months old and is still in my opion the cutest baby in the world.
So that is the Jongo family. I think about them every day and feel blessed to know them.
No comments:
Post a Comment