The team and I arrived in Sierra Leone safe and sound. It was a nice, direct flight with no detours. We are here in Banta and have started in-service training and summer school. Both are going well so far. Communication here has been slow, and I wish that I could update my blog more often with stories. All of the team members are doing well. The first couple of days that we were here, we took over the children’s orphanage, and we were the "aunties" and I was the home mother for 100 children! It was so fun to get to spend so much time with the children, but we were tired. I have never been so excited to see a poda-poda of Africans arrive as I was to see the aunties return after their retreat!!!
It is so good to be back here. It feels like this is my second home. It has been so great seeing all my kids and family here. Keep praying for the team for health and clear communication with the teachers and children we are working with. I am excited to see how the Lord uses this time to help improve the quality of education here and change the lives of those who have come
6 comments:
ah! good news :) you've been on my mind and in my prayers. i'm glad you are well and i am so thankful that the feelings of "home" are back. you belong there :)
oh yay! So glad to hear you arrived safely and timely. Being the home mom- crazy!! Praying for you and the team! Love ya :)
yay! i've been thinking and praying for y'all. love you and can't wait to hear more :)
Yes! Good to know you and the rest of the team arrived safely and are all settled in! Wow, go big or go home - house mom to a 100 kids right off the bat! Thinking about you and praying for you, the kids, the teachers, and for God's power and mighty works to be displayed for all to see so many will come to saving faith in Jesus Christ.
Yay! So good to have an update! We look forward to future updates/stories (when possible) and will keep you all in our prayers!
Welcome "home"!!!
Post a Comment