The Lord is so faithful and his promises are true. He has been showing me that over and over again since being here. Here in Sierra Leone the Lord continually reveals Himself to me in new ways.
My teacher team has left. Their time here ended with a debriefing retreat at a beautiful beach, and it was such a good relaxing time, with good conversation. I dropped them off at the airport last night, and it was harder for me then I expected. I am going to miss those girls. They were a great team.
I think that last night I also realized that soon I am going to be here alone, just me. It was strange listening to them talk about going home and realizing that I was not going to be going home with them, nor would I be going home for quite some time. I miss home more than I thought I would. I want to be at home, but I also really want to be here in Sierra Leone.
I think I am realizing that my heart is divided by two different places. Both feel like home, I dearly love both of them, but I can't be in both places at once. I am learning to just be content with where I am now and be thankful that I have two places that I so dearly love.
This morning when I came out for breakfast at the guest house that I am staying at while in Freetown for a couple of days, I met a really kind Christian couple who are building a school just outside of Freetown. They also are desiring to change the education system. They invited me to come any time I need some good American food and some encouragement. What a blessing it was to meet them after I was feeling sad about saying goodbye to my friends. The Lord is faithful and he gives us what we need.
I'll be in Freetown for a couple of days to wait for a team of 16 who are coming from Florida. They I will head back up to Banta to help with youth camp for all our kids. Thank you for your continued prayers and support.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Miss you too Sarah! I'm glad that the time has been good so far. Have a good, relaxing time in Freetown!
I long, as does every human being, to be at home wherever I find myself.
(Maya Angelou)
i read this right before coming to your blog. may your heart feel at home there, soon. praying for you...
God is so good. We will be praying for this time with the new team and that God would continue to reveal himself to you.
love you!
I feel the same about Nicaragua. I love it. But I also love home. It would be a little nice if I could live life here and there simultaneously. Praying for continued encouragement for you from the Lord as you serve him in Sierra Leone!
Post a Comment