We are in the second week of summer school and in-service training. Both seem to be going well. I haven’t gotten to actually teach much at summer school because I have been running around trying to organize and prepare things for the teams that will be in and out of Sierra Leone this summer. I am enjoying being back and being able to help facilitate for teams.
Yesterday we went to a village that is a three-mile hike through the jungle with a canoe ride across a river. The village we went to is one of my favorite. I love the people there and enjoyed getting to see one of the girls that I sponsor and greet her family.
Internet connection has been slow, so I don’t know when I’ll be able to post pictures. I have some good ones. All the kids are getting so big. It is crazy to think about how some of them weren’t even born when I first came to Sierra Leone. I love that these people have been such a part of my life. When my team comes back, I am going to see if they will post some of these photos for me.
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
So sad that you didn't have Quami along on that river crossing to narrate all the dangers of it! I'm so glad all is going well. Praying for you friend!
Helllooooo friends! So glad to hear you are all doing well and enjoying life in Africa. Anxious to hear more about your trip. Thinking and praying for you all:) Miss your smiling faces!
Sarah that sounds awesome! You're in my thoughts.
Post a Comment