Monday, February 23, 2009

Slavery

This week in my Kindergarten classroom we are discussing slavery, both the history of slavery and how it still happens today. Here are some sample letters of what some of my students wrote. I am writing it how they wrote it with their fun Kindergarten writing.

I downt like slavry. Slavry is bad. I fel sow bad thet I wish evrye bute wus free.

I think that it is bad for childrin and I wish they were strong.

Stop making peopl wrk.

I wish you were free. I think slavre is bad.

Girls I hope you have a great time workking and I hope you have freedum some day. I love you firls and I am sorre you are slavs and I wish you had homse.

I fel sad abat sravle becus you ned to be wut ur mom and dad.

I do not lic that slavre is reel. I wud not wnt to bee a slavre it ds not luk fun.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh that everyone had the heart of these children. Sarah, you are right where you are supposed to be.

I like the one about not working. :)