Monday, February 23, 2009

A great way to start the day

I have been feeling the need to have a mentor. Someone who has a wiser opinion and can help me sort out some of my questions. There is a really neat Christian family in my classroom and as I was praying for someone to be a mentor, the mom kept coming to mind. So I asked her, and she agreed and now we are meeting on Monday mornings. At first I was not excited about this early morning waking up, but we had our first meeting today and I loved it. It was so worth getting up at 5:15 to go and start my week out with prayer and reading the Bible and just discussing life's issues over a cup of coffee with an amazing woman of God. I feel so blessed to have her in my life and I am thankful for the times we will get to meet together. I found myself feeling much more joyful and happy this morning, which is not a usual Monday morning attitude for me.

No comments: