I was emailing a friend and telling her how sometimes I find it hard to be content in the situations of life that the Lord has me in. She responded and said that it takes being intentional about finding things to praise the Lord for. Finding those little joys in life and thanking the Lord for them. So wise. So I thought that I would do that.
#1 I miss my students from last year. I spent a whole lot of time from them. I think they miss me too. Everyday after school, they come up and give me hugs and tell me they love me. My favorite moments are when one of my students from last year comes running up to me every morning. For morning duty, no matter where I am standing, she finds me, comes and gives me a big hug and then goes to first grade. A great way to start the day.
#2 I spent some time with Mu Leh, Eeh Tu, and Jonah today. Eeh Tu, would call out, "teacher, teacher." I would look at him, and then he would make a face and some funny noise. We repeated this about 50 times today and it never got borning.
#3 I was teaching Mu Leh about stop lights today and what the colors mean. I was not paying attention and was playing with Eeh Tu and Mu Leh proceeds to tell me that the light is green, and I should go. A + for that lesson! I love laughing with Mu Leh. Usually we are laughing at Eeh Tu, or either of our attempts to speak the others language. Laughter is a beautiful gift though.
#4 Sitting at Starbucks drinking a cup of coffee. I love everything about the coffee experience. The smells, the taste, the warm cup in my cold hands. I love sitting with coffee and reading a book. Can't imagine a better thing to do; except maybe if the coffe shop was in the middle of the mountains. Reading a great book called The Jesus I never Knew. I highly recommend it.
#5 Watching the sun rise over the mountains.
#6 I have some real goofy kids in my classroom and they make me laugh a lot. When we take attendance in the morning, some of my students have started saying "present" instead of here. Well some of them get confused and say "president." One of my girls decided to make a connection and make things a little more lively and has started saying Barak Obama when I call her name in the morning. Good for a few laughs in the morning. I have to remember those fun moments where I get to laugh and play with my students. Those are the moments that will keep me going.
#7 A clean desk. I am not really a neat freak. In fact, I am okay with clutter and disaster, but for some reason I really like my desk at school to be clean. My desk at school was a mess. I couldn't find anything, but yesterday I was able to clean it and it was spotless. It felt so great to have a clean desk.
#8 My journal. I love journaling. Also another good Starbucks activity. I also love writing with Sharpies, and I got a whole set of the thin tip ones. Perfect for recording thoughts and prayers.
#9 Babies. I love Jonah just in case you haven't gotten that from my previous posts. No new pictures today, but he just gets cuter every day.
#10 May sound cheesy, but I am thankful that we have a God that allows us to struggle and wrestle through things and that if we truly are looking for him, that he will meet us in those moments of wrestling.
I have a lot to be thankful for, and need to focus on those things more often. The Lord does give us good gifts. We just have to look for them.
Tuesday, October 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sarah,
i loved that post! Kids are so great. And I, too, can use a reminder about finding things to be intentionally joyful about - thanks!
LOVED this...i was smiling the whole way through...and i love that you love coffee as much as i do :)
love # 6, can't agree more with #4, not so sure about #9, and AMEN for #10! love you friend- have fun in PA so you can add that to your list!
Post a Comment