All my JBU friends were in town for a reunion. It was fun to all be back together again.
I've been able to spend some time with my friend from Burma, and it has been so comforting to spend time with her and her family. Mu Leh is a blessing and being around her encourages me.
Still no home or roommate. But I am thinking about moving into my classroom. We have a play house for the kids, but it could totally work as my place. What do you think?
My parents are in Indiana. They have moved into the house, but still not sure if it is going to be theirs. Still waiting for mortgage stuff to come back .
Our friends, the Dickersons, who live in England, came to Colorado for a visit.
So I had high hopes of posting about all my experiences in Sierra Leone. For some reason I haven't wanted to talk about Sierra Leone. Last year, I would talk to anybody that had two ears, and this time I don't want to talk about my summer. I know that I need to, and that I need to process, but it is really hard this time. Not sure why. But here are some pictures until I feel like telling stories.
This is Lombeh. One of the girls from the school and Ngolala that was my little friend.
Kristen and I back with all our kids!
This is Fati. She is one of Aunty Batu's children. She is the little girl that I sponsor through COTN.
This is Lombeh. One of the girls from the school and Ngolala that was my little friend.
3 comments:
Love the pictures! Can tell you were definitely in your element. :) I can't believe how old the Dickerson kids are now! Crazy. Are WE really that old now that they are that big. Hahhaa.
Hey! Send me your number at justinswallace@yahoo.com
I'll be in the country till Friday and would love to hear about how the rest of your time in Salone went and what you're up to with school this year!
hi! i've followed your blog (and life) for awhile through Jody (a childhood friend.) We (my family) support a little boy in SL and just got his latest letter and YOU were the one that wrote it for him!!! (Moses Kovoma) I'm not sure how well you know him...but i'd love any specific details you could give me about him (things he likes, favorite color, anything!)
Post a Comment