This past year I have wrestled with a lot of those hard questions with no easy answers. For some reason I thought that coming to Sierra Leone would provide answers for those questions. Not sure why I thought that because being back in Sierra Leone has only created more questions.
When my teacher team was here, one of the things that I wanted to do was to wrestle with some of those hard issues alongside the nationals and see what we could learn from one another. We had some great discussions on hope, justice, love versus pity, and compassion. It was a beatuiful time of sharing and struggling together. While we did not come up with any answers, we all left thinking a little deeper. One of my favorite discussions was on hope. A man names Uncle Lawerence came and shared his story and how in spite of his loss, he found hope in the glimpses that there was another way. We ended the night singing because he lives, I can face tomorrow, because he lives, all fear is gone, and I know, he hold my future, and that life is worth the living just because he lives. The same song that Aunty Chris sang last year in our discussion on hope. We ended that night with a tender moment of prayer. I am realizing what a beautiful thing it is when brother and sisters from different countries can unite together in prayer.
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment