Friday, July 25, 2008

Is It Already Time to Come Home?

How did two months go by so fast? How is it already time to go back home? I don’t think that I am ready to go. I am not really sure what I am going home to. Life is a bit uncertain when I return home. I don’t have a place to live, except the couches of my friends' houses. My parents are moving to Indiana. I just found out that the church I have been attending is no longer a church. Which means I have to begin the dreadful search for a church again. I know that I am going back to teach and that this is what I am supposed to do.

I like living in Sierra Leone. I love the community, I love the children, I love the warmth, I love that life is lived outside, I love that I can go anywhere and run into someone that I know. Life in Sierra Leone has its frustrations as well, but I love living in this place.

All of these things make me not really ready to go home.

But I know that it is time. Time to come home and serve as a kindergarten teacher in Colorado. So, home I come. Early Monday morning, I fly out of Sierra Leone into Morocco and then on to Colorado.

I feel like I have so many stories and pictures that I want to share that I have not yet had the time to share because of the lack of Internet connection. So, hopefully in these next couple of weeks upon returning home, I will have lots of stories to read and pictures to look at. See you all soon.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

we are praying for you as you transition home. love you!

Taylor and Joanna said...

So which day are you coming to hang out with all of us:) We are anxious for you to come home and to ease your transition, we even have a couple of krio speakers waiting to re-meet you! Can't wait to hear the stories.

Brandon and Callie said...

i'm glad you're time was so great. we'll alos be praying for you safety as you fly home and for your plans when you get there:)

em said...

praying for safety, dear friend and the tough transition that awaits. i love you and am dying to hear more about your time there :D i miss you, a lot.