
I got this letter from a man who was just in Sierra Leone. Its from Aunty Chris, my dear friend in Banta. I thought that I would share it because it so touched my heart and made me excited for what the Lord is doing in Banta.
Dear Sarah,
You know the junction is now called the city of light. As I hobble along each day going about my various tasks & duties this chorus comes to mind "it is a great thing to serve The Lord walking in the light of God". This chorus gives me strength and for many, many weeks after Sories' death I drew strength from it as I sang it over and over again because there is no greater service than to serve The Lord. However, whenever & whatever. I am sure I will get over Sories' death. His life is a beautiful memory and his death a silent grief. Thank you for being there for me. Keep upholding me with your prayers. Work is as usual. I'm trying to pack in more health initiatives into the health program that are relevant to the needs of Ngolala. I'm glad you like your school and the job you are doing now. I know you will enjoy the children as much as you did the one's here. I am working with Sarah, your namesake in the child survivor program on exclusive breast feeding. She is my star student. She is 8+ months now and she's already on mixed feeding. Her progress is remarkable. We are due to have a baby competition next year & I hope she wins. Batu is a good mother and I hope she will be a motivator in this child survivor program for other mothers. I wish I could continue to write but I can't. My warmest love dear sister. I will send you an email in December. God bless you dear sister (little).
Ever Loving You,
Auntie Chris
2 comments:
Tears! That woman is so inspiring. Thanks for sharing these amazing people with us.
so beautiful sarah-and the picture too. i know there is a very fresh spot in your heart for these people-may that never die.
Post a Comment