Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Lessons from Phoebe
Phoebe is a small, quiet girl who has cerebral palsy. She spends most of her day by herself, lying on her bed. In fact, sometimes I even forget that she is there. The other day I went and spent some time with her and while I was there I was wondering what goes through her mind all day; what she thinks about and what she is feeling. Her legs and arms are really stiff and the nurse is supposed to do exercises with her, but the exercises really hurt her. As I was sitting there, trying to have her move her legs, she was crying out because they hurt. I found myself talking to her, but realized that the Lord had something to teach me through this small girl. I was telling her that I know her exercises hurt her, but that they are really the best thing for her. I then heard the Lord saying to me, that those things in life that hurt and painful, are really what are best for us because the Lord is using them to strength us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment