
The dear children at school have given me an eye infection. I am thankful that in my four months of living here an eye infection is the only disease I have gotten. I could never have imagined how God would use this eye infection to accomplish good in someone's life. We went to a nearby village, Serabu, to an eye clinic there, which was quite the experience that words can't describe. Just picture an eye clinic in the middle of an African village and I'll let you invision it for yourself. After I got medicine for my eye, we went to the market to get some vegtables. It was at this market that Nurse Jennifer found the reason for my eye infection. There was a baby who was so malnourished that they already had laid out the death mat for him. We were able to bring him and his mother back with us to the clinic for malnourished babies. The whole car ride I was praying that this baby wouldn't die before we got him back. That is how sick he was. Now after just four days of being here, we can already see a difference. There is life in his eyes again and he is getting the proper nutrition. Thank God for an eye infection that helped save this baby's life.
2 comments:
Sarah: Yes, God can use even an eye infection to work His purposes in the world! I'm so glad that you're allowing God use you to show His love to the people of Sierra Leone.
We've just passed through another election day in the States, in Colorado, and through all the hype and mud-slinging and negative ads, I kept thinking, Does God really care about all this? Does He care whether we vote Republican or Democrat? It also made me think that people like you are making the real difference in this world. God, I don't think, cares much about politics. But He does care whether or not we're living for Him. And you are!
Love, Dad
hi,
i am a friend of Jody Landers and found your blog through her. i am feeling a tug at my heart regarding africa and have enjoyed reading your posts. i was drawn to post here as i was thinking the same thoughts your dad commented about regarding the election here. it all seemed so trivial watching those ads and listening to all the attacks on opposing candidates when here you are allowing God to work through you in an amazing way to a people that need to be introduded to a loving, healing God. thank you for what you are doing. i will continue to follow your journey and look forward to hearing more about the people of sierre leone.
Post a Comment