Saturday, October 07, 2006

My life in an African village

"These are the moments I thank God that I'm alive, these are the moments I'll remember all my life." These great lyrics come from a country singer, which is where all great music comes from, describe how I've felt about my time here. There are so many moments that I wish I could capture because it is unlike anything that I have ever experienced or probably will experience again. I've been here in Bta for one week now and already feel like I've been here for a long tim. The people here have been so welcoming. Everyday a new person brings us a gift of fruit. We've begun doing teaching and training seminars at school and I've even got to talk on National Sierra Leone radio about the work being done here in Banta. The next several entries are pictures of my time here because words would not be enough to describe life here.
I hope that you enjoy them.

No comments: