Monday, February 27, 2012

Some fun in the Dominican Republic

I spent the last 2 days in the Dominican Republic getting to explore the island a bit with an couple who also works for COTN. I had no idea that there was so much culture and history in Santo Domingo about Christopher Columbus. Although I am not sure that I could pas any history tests on the DR and Christopher Columbus, besides that in 1492 he sailed the ocean blue, but I did enjoy getting to see the buildings and hear about the history. Amazing architecture for taking pictures.
Love this photo of the church.
Taking the bus to the colonial district. Much more of an adventure then just taking a taxi.
Ruins from an old Fransiscan monestary. Not sure of the importance of this, but planning on researching it a bit more!

Eating lunch at a cafe with the Taussigs
Some more cool buildings.

Another cool historical building. The garden of someone important's wife (see failing the history test)
And we are at the beach. They had made a river that ran into the ocean a place where there were little swimming pools and waterfalls.
So pretty. I was definitely made for the tropical living.
You may be asking where is the chaco and foot picture and I can assure you that it is coming!

No comments: