One of my goals and purposes for going to the Domincan Republic was to learn more about the University. One of my roles in Children of the Nations is to be the assistant to the Education Director and I am helping her to organize the University program and we have several University students in the DR. I had the joy of meeting with Teresa who works from the Dominican side and getting to know her. I was able to meet some of the University students and hear their stories of the way that God is working in their lives. They told me stories of how a staff member from COTN gave them hope when no one else believed in them, they told me how friends told them they would never go to college but they didn't let that discourage them, they told me stories of how they came to know about Jesus. It was inspiring, to see these young people with a passion to go back into their communities and make a difference, to be that person that brings hope to their younger brothers and sisters. It was encouraging then to think about my kids in Sierra Leone and how soon they will be the ones going to University and thinking about the ways that God has changed their lives and how they can encourage their younger brothers and sisters.
This is what we are all about, raising these children to be different, to have integrity, to love the Lord, and to make a difference in this world. And its happening. It really is. And its exciting to be a part of.
And as much as I enjoyed meeting this group of students and getting to hear a small piece of their story, the part that I cannot wait for is the day when I can tell you about my kids in Sierra Leone and tell you about how they are in University and how proud of them I am. When I have a picture of 20 kids from Sierra Leone who are in University. That will be an exciting day.
2 comments:
Amen, sister! That day will come!
They are lovely! I love the work that you and others have dedicated yourself to. What a way to live your life for Him. Beautiful, Sarah!
Post a Comment