Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Our Comfort and Joy

Over the past few days, several guests have been here visiting Sierra Leone: Children of the Nations international president and his wife, as well as five others. Tonight, some children came to share their stories with the guests. I have heard these stories before, but this evening for some reason, they tugged at my heart again. I was reminded that my precious children, that I love so dearly, have been through so much. They have stories and pasts that have shaped them and made them who they are today.

As these children were sitting there with tears in their eyes as they thought back to their lives before they came to COTN, I couldn't help but become emotional as well. Sad and joyful at the same time. These children have experienced terrible things, but now they have a home, they are safe. And the sufferings they have endured have made them strong and have given them a faith in Christ. And Christ promises that in times of sorrow and hardship that He will be our comfort and our joy. And He is doing that in the lives of our children.

2 comments:

Julie said...

It's easy to forget sometimes, the pain of others. Especially these children. So grateful for Christ's love and grace and for all of those, like you, who are pouring out so that they can have a better future!

Candace said...

I would have loved to have been there to hear their stories. What a blessing you are in their lives as I know they are a blessing in your life as well!