Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Typhoid

My typhoid vaccination has expired, which is crazy, because it means that I have been traveling to Africa for 5 years now. Wow!

Need to start this blog off with the fact that I already had typhoid when I was in Sierra Leone. Not a fun disease, just in case anyone was wondering.
So I had to update my vaccination and I am taking an oral vaccination because it lasts longer than the shot. You are supposed to take it every other day 2 hours after a meal. Well, I can't remember anything anymore, which presents a slight problem for things like this.

Sure enough, I forgot to take them when I was supposed to. I think that twice I missed my dosage and didn't remember until the next morning.

You also are supposed to keep the vaccination refridgerated or it will loose its effectiveness. Guess who forgot to keep it in the fridge for half a day?!
I think that I should probably talk to my doctor about this... or we could make bets on if I am going to get typhoid again!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i did the same thing as you but with birth control pills ;).

Julie said...

Sarah!! You can't be getting a little bit of the typhiod!!!! Set a reminder on your phone!